There is much research evidence to show that long-term school improvement cannot not be achieved or sustained unless there is a continuous, major focus on what goes on in the classroom.
This course looks at ways to achieve this through:
· defining what we mean by ‘effective learning and teaching’
· creating a ‘learning culture’ in the school
· agreeing the characteristics of a good lesson
· ways to raise expectations and aspirations
· sharing good practice
· monitoring and reviewing
· providing support – coaching /mentoring
· providing challenge
· taking the tough decisions.
There is an option with this course to do a short final assignment to achieve a Certificate of Attainment.
TUTOR: Lady Rosemary Salisbury
Commencing Thursday 5th March 2020 x 4 weeks
£110 Attendance or £160 Attainment