This 4-week (part-time) Professional Learning course has been designed to support education professionals as they develop and implement blended learning strategies for pupils and students working from home in response to the significant challenges schools and colleges will face over the coming school year. The focus of the course is on the promotion of ‘teacher presence’ and a quality 'blended learning provision' for all children and young people, using simple technology skills to inspire and motivate learners. This is a supportive course for teachers to enhance the wellbeing of children and young people working from home. Advice on a post-crisis recovery learning plan will be supported.
At the end of the course, teachers will be able to:
- design a lesson for online learners (including mobile access) in support of pupil wellbeing during home schooling and blended learning;
- develop an engaging environment for remote learning using synchronous and asynchronous communication tools to support online remote learning;
- stimulate learners across appropriate key stages (from key stage 2 to key stage 5) by developing interactive communications with teachers;
- create remote lesson exemplars of good practice for future online and blended learning across key stage 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and post 16 further and higher education;
- assess for learning using a range of interactive support tools accessible to pupils with internet access, including mobile learning.
TUTOR: Celia O'Hagan (email@example.com)
START DATE: Monday 1st February 2021(FULLY ONLINE)
DURATION: 4 weeks
Participants are strongly encouraged to complete an assessment as part the learning outcomes. Successful completion of the assessment will lead to the award of a Certificate of Attainment. The Certificate of Attainment can be used as evidence to claim Recognition of Prior Learning for the MTeach, Master of Teaching at Stranmillis University College.