The IFA National Coaching Certificate (previously known as the IFA Level 1) prepares you to facilitate and organise coaching sessions within the grassroots game.
Programme dates: Mon. 27th - Wed. 29th March 2023 (3 days)
Running times: 9.30am - 4.00pm each day
Venue: Stranmillis University College and New Forge Sports Complex
- Understand your role as a coach and the importance of facilitation, organisation, safeguarding and health and safety.
- Key teaching principles when coaching children (5-12)
- Session design
- Coaching context
- Reflective practice
- Adult learning principles
The course has both theoretical and practical content which includes 24 guided learning hours with a tutor (3 practical days) and time spent completing the online tasks and uploading plans at home.
The course includes:
- Passing a practical assessment
- Completing and uploading 2x1 hour session plans online to the Irish FA e-learning platform one of which will be the session topic for assessment
- Attending the Football First Aid course
- Completing an Online Nutrition course
- Completing a Safeguarding course
- Completing the course feedback form
Please note: This course is only open to students of Stranmillis University College.
Any queries, please contact Joanne Doherty, email@example.com